Whoa-where have the last 6 weeks gone?!
Way past time to check in!
Not terribly much but admittedly, with the Holiday’s and New Year, I didn’t change much of my actions. No change in action=no new results. Pretty much everything stayed the same.
What did change is my styled product photography. I wanted to focus on something that would have more immediate results so I spent some time shooting and editing great ready to use stock product photos for my etsy shop. // analogliving.etsy.com // I’m really happy with the success so far and look forward to growing that systematically side by side with my consulting and branding work here at VividSpark. Both have the same mission-to help creative women in business shine brighter!
What I did over the last 6 weeks
- Instagrammed about once per week (sadly, that’s not an increase over last year so it’s an area I need to work on)
- Set up my blog to tweet new posts automatically (not sure I’m liking this but it’s worth trying, right?)
- Blogged the Morning Person Experiment and shared on on Instagram
- Updated my Google+ profile
- Rest, relax, and make tons of awesome food (and eat lots of awesome food!) 😉
- Gained 9 Instagram followers (that’s net, including all new followers and any lost followers)
- Instagram engagement rate? Hovering around 4.5% >> My research on instagram engagement didn’t really pay off… time to do more?
- Pinterest is holding fairly steady, around 3,300 followers >> I’m totally hating the “picked for you” as it’s taking over my feed. I love pinterest for following tastemakers and creatives but that awesomeness is lost when pinterest ‘picks’ for me. Hopefully they will tone that down.
- Google + lost a follower! I don’t know who but I’m not active there so it’s a little surprising.
- Twitter: also lost a follower here. Since my base was largely wedding/event related from the last 14 years of my career, that doesn’t surprise me.
- Facebook: Gained a like! Considering that’s just passive, through the grapevine, it’s more than I expected.
Since I basically took 1/2 of December and part of January off, it’s not surprising that there isn’t much visible change.
Where there is change is on my Etsy, getting likes and followers there daily. >> This supports my belief that the largest part of growth is being present. I’ve been on Etsy nearly every day and that’s where my growth is. Coincidence? I think not.
What I plan to do this upcoming week
- Rewatch “instagram with intention” by Hilary Rushford in hopes of gleaning a tidbit (I honestly have only watched 1/2 because it was just old news and got tired of hoping for something worthy. I’m going to go back and commit to watching the whole 2 hour class and see what’s in the 2nd half)
- Focus on sharing relevant images and content on instagram
- on Repeat: Continue working on building the content for what will be come the definitive guide to knowing and reaching your ideal customers (no fluff, not just strategies and worksheets but real life implementation and practical use!)
- Dive in on new branding projects that are being lined up and started now (so exciting!)
- Put pen to paper and flesh out my marketing + media planning
- Photograph MORE styled editorial flats for stock on etsy // http://analogliving.etsy.com
- Put the word out that I’m looking for 2 awesome women to work with in February on their growing business or idea they hope to make a business
I’d love to hear where you’re putting your time in, where you’re seeing results, and where you need help so share in the comments or join the conversation on instagram! #vividspark and join me- @jennifergrant
Share about your business success or challenge and you could win a free consulting spot in March to get clarity and confidence around your business so you can make it real!