It’s hard to believe that I made my announcement an entire week ago! It has flown by.
Time to check in!
Well, I’d love to say loads but the truth is, not much!
I did LOSE a subscriber (sad day!) but know it’s for the best. I don’t want anyone who doesn’t want to be on the insider list to be there. The list (dang, that really needs a better name) is a place I want to be friendly, supportive, and the start of a great community of like minded business women.
What I did over the last 7 days
- Instagrammed a sneak peek as a soft launch start
- Posted a quick tweet of said instagram post
- Set up a facebook page (I do not like facebook and actively avoid it HOWEVER, I reserve the right to change my mind about it 😉
- Increased activity on Twitter, sharing other people’s work to rebuild my network and connections there (they have languished over the last 2 years)
- Pinned a few pieces from vividspark.com to my “Ideas to build a better business” and “branding happiness” boards, but no repin’s as of yet
- Reopened my facebook to accept friends from people I don’t have friends in common with (that means you dear reader!)
- Gained 34 Instagram followers
- Lost 9 Instagram followers (bittersweet-a few people I was really sad to see go and surprised by)
- Instagram engagement rate? Hovering just over 7% >> Adding “learn how to increase instagram engagement” to my to-do list this upcoming week
- Pinterest is holding fairly steady, around 3,300 followers >> Going to be following a few new people in the next week, my feed has been so slow these past few weeks!
- Google + …. Crickets here with the same 136 followers I’ve had for about a year. >> Gotta at least update my profile there
- Facebook, oh how tired I am of thee… starting at ZERO likes for www.facebook.com/vividspark and 369 IRL friends
I’ve seen plenty of people on Insta, Pinterest, and the like go from 17 people to well over a thousand in a few months so I know it’s possible. I have to remind myself that it’s worth nothing having that many people if they’re not engaged with the content. You’re just talking to a more crowded room 😉
What I plan to do this upcoming week
- Research instagram engagement and find some new hashtags related to my new adventure
- Prep images related to this venture for Instagram
- Continue working on building the content for what will be come the definitive guide to knowing and reaching your ideal customers (no fluff, not just strategies and worksheets but real life implementation and practical use!)
- Keep working on the awesome Brand Architecture projects I have going on behind the scenes. Lots of good stuff being developed and created with some really awesome women!
- Continue working on my business plan + customer development
- Craft an official working social media and marketing plan (right now I’ve just been doing a few things here and there but shortly, will want to do a thought out push)
- Photograph new styled editorial flats for stock on etsy // http://analogliving.etsy.com
- Help a few new women coming on board find their way to more sales, better customers, and overall, get them the forward momentum they deserve!
What have YOU been working on in your business? Anything you want to share?
Tell me what has been working-or what hasn’t and you could earn a free consulting spot in January to get clarity and confidence around your business along with a personalized action plan so you can implement real change without hoping or guessing.