What is your brand message? How do you communicate that day in, day out?
Consistency (and cohesion!) is achieved by considering EVERY aspect of your business that your customer can encounter and ensuring that it all fits together.
From your WORDS and IMAGES to their INTERACTION and EXPERIENCE
It is CRUCIAL to make sure that everything is working together to paint a SINGLE vision.
Why care about all of those elements?
It represents the delivery of your BRAND PROMISE.
In order to deliver an experience your customer can rely on, you have to consistently deliver.
Inconsistency creates disbelief in what you say you do. It creates inauthenticity and pushes customers away.
All the words your business uses from:
- Phone voicemail
- name + tagline
- web + marketing copy
- blog posts
- and anything else you use to communicate with customers and prospective customers
Everywhere something visually represents your business:
- logo design
- website look + feel
- avatars, favicon, etc
- advertising + marketing
- package design
- store look + feel
- exterior look + feel
- hang tags, etc
- receipts, forms, EVERYTHING
Every time you interact with a customer or prospective customer:
- blog posts
- all social media
- in real life
- at meetings + introductions
- content sharing
- And their actual experience interacting with you
- Store greeting, traffic in store, temperature, scents, merchandise, ability to pull in + park (Easy to use)
- finding what they’re looking for
- emails, website, phone (responsiveness + friendliness)
- product quality
- Checkout, speed, service, above + beyond, packaging/wrapping, surprise + delight
- Meeting + then exceeding expectations
- Ease of shopping and even return experience
- Merchandise variety + quality
Each of these represents a point which has the ability to either effectively communicate your brand message or break down, creating discord.
If any part of your brand’s behavior doesn’t match the words or promises you’ve put out there, it becomes unbelievable in the customers eyes, breaking down trust.
When you leverage integrity and authenticity, along with a clear message, you build a strong connection with customers, enforcing that you are reliable and worth their investing their time and money.
Does all this sound a bit overwhelming? I’m here to help! Book your BRAND EXPLORATION + STRATEGY session and I’ll take care of your brand audit which will evaluate much of what is listed here.