For a long (long!) time, I really loved using the built in Mac Mail to organize and handle all my business emails across all my accounts. I never even had a gmail account because I like the professional look that my own domain emails give me. It wasn’t until I needed help managing my overflowing inbox that I was forced to find a solution that allowed my assistant to log-in remotely (even from within the office since Mac Mail is stored locally on that specific computer).
What I discovered was that Gmail was the simplest, easiest, way to be able to manage ALL my email accounts from WHEREVER in the world I happen to be. It even made checking them on my phone and tablet a breeze!
If you’re like me and have everything *just* so in Mac Mail, don’t fret! I was absolutely freaked out about making the switch myself BUT now that it’s done, I wouldn’t go back for the world. And if you are just getting started, now is the PERFECT time to connect everything up before you get entrenched in a non-mobile friendly setup.
Just a few of the awesome benefits of using Gmail to manage all your inboxes:
- Single, consolidated inbox you can check from ANYWHERE
- See sent emails from ANY device (including emails sent from a different device!)
- Access to great inbox taming apps like Mailbox, Unroll.me, and The email Game
- The ability to schedule emails with apps like Right Inbox and Boomerang
- Easy to add signatures (gmail calls them ‘canned responses’)
- FANTASTIC, easy to search, easy to use Email Filtering (so much better than Mac Mail!)
- Excellent spam detection (when you use your business email to register for so much, you WILL get signed up for nasty spam. NONE of it ever reaches my inbox thanks to Gmail)
There are quite a few more reasons to bring your firstname.lastname@example.org email addresses to gmail but these are definitely among my favorite reasons to make the switch.
The best part? Setting up gmail to check your domain inboxes takes 5 minutes-tops. It’s simple and straightforward.